Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vichyssoise

Vichyssoise is traditionally served cold, however I will be serving mine hot (also accepted) as I gaze at the snow-covered landscape outside the kitchen window :- )


Difficulty Level: Facile

What you need:
  • 2 cups leeks, trimmed and sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped fine
  • 3  large potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 3 cups vegetable stock
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 2 tbsp. vegan margarine
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
  • 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
  • sea salt, pepper, to taste
What to do:
  1. Heat margarine in large stockpot over medium heat. Add leeks and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes. 
  2. Add potatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
  3. Transfer soup to a blender, add rice milk and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. 
  4. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with warm crusty French bread.
Serves: 4-6  Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. I love vichyssoise and never think to have it hot. It is freezing here I should make some this week since I have all the ingredients. ;-) Thanks for the suggestion.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup and your Vichyssoise looks sooo... good. I will definately make this one. Great blog!! I just added you to my blog list and I am following you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bought the Health Valley can of potato leek soup and it tastes so great. So apparently I love the taste of potatoes and leeks together.

    On my Google page, it has my Twitter page and that has a collection of the 11 best vegan dishes that this one group could find.

    Also the doctor of public health at Moores Cancer Center (also professor of medicine at U of CA) said that enough vitamin D (lifeguard levels) will eradicate breast cancer. Also my blog post (also on Twitter page) on it has Dr Oz and Christaine Northrup M.D. talking about vitamin D preventing breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete