Difficulty Level: Facile (Easy)
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts (I used walnuts, almonds and brazil buts) chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut milk (any non-dairy milk will do)
- small pinch of oregano, thyme and marjoram
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 3-5 green olives, chopped
- black pepper
- vegan parmesan
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a small cast iron pan over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the breadcrumbs, nuts, coconut milk and dried herbs. Press this "crust" down firmly and bake for 5 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices in a circular overlapping pattern on top of crust. Scatter the olives on top and season with black pepper. Sprinkle as much vegan parmesan as you wish and bake for 20 minutes. Serves: 2 Bon Appetit!