Difficulty Level: Facile (Easy)
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
What to do:
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme and cook until caramelized, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, apple cider, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 30-45 minutes. Serve hot with a fresh baguette. Serves: 2 Bon Appetit!