Difficulty Level: Facile
What you need:
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in half (2 quarters) and stuck with 2 cloves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
What to do:
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly. Place lentils, onion, garlic and bay leaf in a medium-size saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of sugar and a splash of vinegar to cooking water. Bring to a boil and then let simmer, 25-30 minutes, adding water as needed.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Remove lentils from heat and coat lentils with dressing. Season with pepper and serve warm.