Almond Sables, also known as Breton Biscuits are classic French cookies hailing from Normandy. This vegan version comes from Linda Majzlik's A Taste of Vegan France. An extremely simple cookie to make, it is best enjoyed in solitude with a steaming bowl of cafe au lait.
Difficulty Level: Facile
What you need:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tbsp. soy milk
What to do:
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a mixing bowl and stir in the ground almonds. Rub in the margarine and then add the sugar. Add the almond extract and gradually pour in the soy milk until a soft dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut it into small circles or squares, gathering up and re-rolling the dough until it is all used up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Bon appetit! Serves: Many
- Transfer cookies to a well-oiled baking sheet